The music photography magazine
Chasing The Light Art
Join the Pit and music photographer directory
If you are a Pit and music photographer and cover live concerts, gigs and festivals and want to join the Chasing The Light Art magazine and have your profile listed in the directory, it’s easy. It takes you less than 5 minutes for you to do and it’s FREE.
How to get your music photographer profile listed.
- 1. Email us your / social media / websites links, or logo that you want and agree to be publicly show in the Chasing The Light Art magazine.
- 2. Add between 10 and 15 images (900 px x 600 px) ie same size as Instagram, that you want in your gallery / portfolio. If larger files are sent then they are resized too 900 px x 600 px
- 3. Images can contain a watermark or logo.
- 4. Images must contain the name of artist / band / performer
- 5. Include the name of the venue or city of the concert or festival
A profile / portfolio / gallery page is created with your concert images and data. A unique mini profile sidebar is also created and will follow you on every Page / Article that is created by you with ALL credit remaining with the photographer at ALL times.
Location of your gallery
Once your gallery / portfolio is listed it appears on the front page under Latest and All Photographers. It also appears on `THE PHOTOGRAPHERS` main page. This page is divided into countries showing a maximum of four random galleries of concert photographers from that country. The country PIT link then takes the viewer to a new page which shows ALL the photographers from that country in alphabetical order. Depending on how many photographers are from that country the page is sub divided again by either city / county or state.
Creating Pages / Articles = More of your work on display = More exposure for you.
This becomes your ever expanding portfolio and a new A to Z listing of your work is created after your first article. Every page created is linked by categories and tags.One Article creates between 5 and 10 pages.The article is automatically linked to similar articles thus creating constant and regular viewing.
What is needed to create an article page ?
- Between 6 and 15 music related images, with text stating the Name of the Musicians / Band / Singer / Group /Artists name + Venue + Date + Genre if you know it .
- If your Images / Article were originally published and you want to add links to the main article then send details and it will be added.
Home page settings
The settings on the Home page are ALL set on Random ,obviously apart from The Latest Post. This means that your article will at some point appear on the main Home page.
All articles are categorised into the main music genre of the performer. On every page there is a menu that navigates the viewer to their chosen genre or to the ALL Musicians page. The same principle as the THE PHOTOGRAPHERS page is used. An alphabetical list is first shown & then as the page grows it divides & sub divides thus maximising the viewing of the article.
ALL credit and enquiries from your music articles and galleries are directed to you.The mini profile sidebar will be present on ALL of your pages. It has links back to your main gallery and social media and ALL the credit for your work stays with you.
Images to send
- You MUST be the Music Photographer and own all rights to any image submitted.
- The size needs to be 900 px x 600 px. If you send larger files then they will be resize. This is the ONLY editing that is ever done on your work
- Images can contain a Watermark or Logo.
Reviews to be published
- You are welcome to submit concert / festival written reviews .
- They must be accompanied with between 6 and 22 of YOUR images.
- You MUST be the Author or have permission from the Author.
- All credit from written articles will be directed towards you.
All contributions that go towards creating Articles and Reviews is voluntary and free. Chasing The Light Art do no pay for any images or reviews. It is a way of building up your online presence and receiving more exposure to your work and portfolio.
Terms and Conditions
For the full list of terms and conditions then visit our Terms and Conditions page which is linked at the bottom of every page or use the TOC button below. Alternatively email us any questions you may have about joining and submitting your work and we will answer as soon as possible.